Saturday, September 3, 2016

Review: Seasons in Paradise

Seasons in Paradise Seasons in Paradise by Barbara Cameron
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I just love kicking back with a good Amish story, especially one of Barbara Cameron's books! Her Amish characters always seem so real to me! She often addresses their anger, which they are not supposed to be, but come on, they're human, they get mad too! I love how she doesn't make them out to be a people that seem so prudish!

Mary Elizabeth was a lovely young Amish woman who had her heart broken by Samuel, who left the Amish community, along with his brothers, because of how their dad treated them. Samuel still has feelings for Mary Elizabeth, but is not interested at all in returning to the Amish. After hearing this heart breaking news, Mary Elizabeth decides to begin seeing other Amish men.

A very sweet, touching story of how life isn't always easy, even if you're Amish. I love how Barbara brings humor to the Amish and on the very next page she can have you in tears! Something else Barbara always does in her stories, she mentions characters from her other stories! So, it's like getting an update every time you read one of her stories! Absolutely enjoy her stories and can't wait for the next one!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Abingdon Press in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...