Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Review: When Death Draws Near

When Death Draws Near When Death Draws Near by Carrie Stuart Parks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh. My. Gosh! If you have not read a Carrie Stuart Parks book, you are missing out! I have absolutely moved Carrie to the top of my favorites list! I think I would have to mow anyone down who stood between me and the next Carrie Stuart Parks book! When I start reading her books, I can't STOP! They are just amazing!

I think what I like most is that she combines humor, "I could see how some animals eat their young" along with good biblical scripture, "...let us run with endurance the race that is set before us." With this book, I was also completely infatuated with all the little forensic details she added! I found it SO interesting how she picked up on cues from doing interviews! When a person says a certain word, they are actually saying they are unsure of themselves and may be changing their story. Just fascinating to me!

If you've read my reviews for any length of time, you know I can't stand first person stories, but when Carrie Stuart Parks writes them, I don't even notice!! I got to the end of the book and found myself disappointed that it was over! I just wanted more to read! I think I may have even found myself a new career! Ha!

GREAT WRITING Carrie!! Thank you!!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Thomas Nelson in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...