Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Review: IQ

IQ IQ by Joe Ide
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have to be honest here and say, this is only the second time that I've not finished a book. I can't stand to say I'll review a book and then not finish it. However, I just can't continue this particular book. I am finding the story a bit confusing as it keeps jumping all around. It had a really intense part that caught my attention, then jumped around again, and lost my attention. I really wish I could "get into" the story because Isaiah seemed like a cool character and I would have liked to see what made him change!

I normally would give any book I don't finish a 2 star rating, however, another main reason I am not finishing this book is the language in it. I can look past a few words of profanity in a book, but this book has in one sentence what I normally tolerate in an entire book! And it's constant! And it's not just more tolerable profanity, it's the most offensive profanity along with the infamous "n" word. So, since that's my personal disliking, I decided to leave it at 3 stars. I'm sure if I could look past the profanity, it might turn into a good story.

My Christian friends, I definitely wouldn't recommend this one! However, if you can look past the profanity, and like a present vs. past type story, then this may be the book for you!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Mulholland Books in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...