Monday, August 22, 2016

Review: Damaged

Damaged Damaged by Lisa Scottoline
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh. My. Gosh! Holy Cow! and WOW! I absolutely LOVED this book! I have never read a book by Lisa Scottoline before and I'm not sure how I've managed that! Damaged is actually the 4th book in the Rosato & DiNunzio series, but can easily be read as a stand alone! I didn't feel as if I was missing anything by not having read the first three in the series.

I'm not sure if my love for this book comes from my years studying Paralegal, but I absolutely loved all the legal information in this story! I was immediately drawn in when Mary was asked to take on a case for a grandfather who was trying to get help for his dyslexic grandson. Mary was known for her strong legal knowledge in special education cases. From there, it turned into a boy, Patrick, who was having many more issues than just being bullied for being dyslexic. Same as Mary, I fell in love with Patrick and was ready to stand right beside Mary and fight for him! Then when things seemed to be at their darkest for Mary and Patrick, I was ready to reach into the book, right into the courtroom, and shake some people! Ha! I was so caught up in the story because it legitimately seemed like something that could happen present time.

I know not everybody enjoys all the true information of legalese, but to me, it made it that much more real. Same as when I read Richard L Mabry or Carrie Stuart Parks, I love the real medical and forensic artist information provided. I loved this story for pulling in the legal system, child services, and school system. I had no idea of all that was involved in helping a child with special education! Wow!

For my Christian friends, this book has a few words of profanity, however, I easily over looked it because I truly enjoyed the story! I fell in love with Mary's family and I loved Mary's determination to follow her heart even though it may cost her everything. I highly recommend this story to everyone! It will make you laugh, enrage you about all the loopholes of our education and legal system, and will pull at your heart strings! I can't wait to go back and read the first three in the series now! Lisa has become one of my new favorite authors!!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from St. Martin's Press in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...