Saturday, September 19, 2015

Willow Brook Road by Sherryl Woods

Willow Brook Road Willow Brook Road by Sherryl Woods
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Paperback, 384 pages
Expected publication: September 29th 2015 by Mira
ISBN 0778317668 (ISBN13: 9780778317661)
Series: Chesapeake Shores #13

Spirited, spontaneous Carrie Winters has grown up under the watchful eyes of not only her grandfather Mick O'Brien, but the entire town of Chesapeake Shores.

Now that she's home from Europe, a glamorous fashion career behind her and her heart broken, there seem to be far too many people watching to see if she'll live up to the expectations her family has for her.

As if that weren't enough pressure, Carrie finds herself drawn to sexy, grief-stricken Sam Winslow, who is yearning for someone to help him raise the nephew who's unexpectedly come into his life after a tragedy.


I'm not sure how she does it, but Sherryl has made the O'Brien family come to life once again. Every time I open one of the Chesapeake Shores stories, I find myself laughing, crying, and just with an overwhelming sense of family devotion. The O'Brien family is a family who truly gets the meaning of family, something our society has sadly forgotten. I get so caught up in the O'Brien family, I sometimes feel as though I'm sitting right along with them at Nell's table on Sundays or strolling through the streets of Chesapeake Shores with one of them.

I really enjoyed the story of Sam and his nephew. I couldn't imagine being thrust into being a parent completely out of the blue! And his poor nephew, at points was just heart wrenching to know what that little boy was trying to deal with. The little girl at his school that said his mom and dad left him because he was bad, oh my goodness, the tears were falling as I read that!

I have yet to read all of the series and sometimes I forget things that were mentioned in the previous stories, but it never takes away from the story for me! I cannot wait for another O'Brien story!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Mira in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...