Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Bones Will Speak by Carrie Stuart Parks

The Bones Will Speak The Bones Will Speak by Carrie Stuart Parks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Paperback, 336 pages
Published August 11th 2015 by Thomas Nelson
ISBN 1401690459 (ISBN13: 9781401690458)
Series: Gwen Marcey #2

Gwen's dog returns home with a skull. When she gets her dog to follow the trail back to where he dug up the skull, she finds a young teenage girl who looks eerily like her daughter. Soon, she finds herself, her daughter, and her dog in the middle of a life or death game with a psychotic serial killer.

I have to say, HOLY COW AND WOW! I did not realize this was the second book in the series, therefore I had not read the first one. However, it made no difference to me and I don't feel like I missed anything by not reading the first one.

I also have to say this is the first book by Carrie Stuart Parks that I have read, but it most certainly will not be my last! I have absolutely fallen in love with this author! What sealed the deal for me with this author is that she was actually a forensic artist! How cool is that! To know that a lot of the police id techniques and other forensic information was accurate, made the story that much creepier! WOW!

From the very first page right up to the last page, I was completely engaged! I couldn't believe how quickly I read this book! I really could have read it in one sitting, however, back to school activities got in the way! Absolutely amazing how she draws you in and keeps you on the edge of your seat, the entire time!

I had no clue who the serial killer was and was just floored when it was revealed. Ha! I probably read too fast to pick up on the details that may have given it away. Ha! The characters, the forensic details, and the true suspense built into this book makes it one of my favorite reads! I've already gone back and requested the first one in the series from the library! I. CAN'T. WAIT!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Thomas Nelson in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...