Wednesday, July 15, 2015

South Carolina Brides by Vickie McDonough

South Carolina Brides (Romancing America)South Carolina Brides by Vickie McDonough
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 352 pages
Published February 1st 2014 by Barbour Books
ISBN 1624167357 (ISBN13: 9781624167355)

In this set of three novellas, all three are by the same author and take place around several generations of the well to do Reed family.

I really enjoyed all of them being around a single family, the Reed family. I enjoyed each of the stories as they all had a heart racing moment. I loved reading about plantation life and how the families treated their slaves. I loved the spunkiness of some of the slaves! I also was intrigued with the romances that were taking place. For some reason though, I just couldn't get into them. I found myself taking forever to read these three novellas. To be honest, maybe it's because it's summer time and I just needed a break, I don't know. There just seemed to be something missing. Something that pulled you in, was missing.

I found a quote that I thought was neat. "You best be considerin' the future before you find it arrived and done left you behind." I love that quote, how true it is! Overall, I enjoyed each story and loved reading about Charleston. Life was so different back then!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Barbour Publishing in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...