Thursday, July 23, 2015

The Gift by Wanda E. Brunstetter

The Gift The Gift by Wanda E. Brunstetter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 320 pages
Expected publication: August 1st 2015 by Shiloh Run Press
ISBN 1616260823 (ISBN13: 9781616260828)

Adam Beachy has harbored resentment towards his mother and the practice of reflexology since the day she walked out on his family. When Adam's sister comes for an annual visit with his nieces, a terrible tragedy shakes his world again. Now, he must pick up the pieces, but can he learn to accept what he has always rejected in order to find true love?

I struggled with this one a little bit because I found a few minor inconsistencies. For example, someone would be reflecting on how many days have passed since they last saw someone and how things had changed. Then it would go right back to the same spot of the person reflecting but no time had passed and the relationship was just as awkward. Those little things for some reason always trip me up.

I wish the story would have given more depth to the characters. Seems like Adam had many more thoughts and feelings that could have been shared to give him more depth. Also, I liked Leah, but I wish she would have explained or asked questions more to give her a little more depth as well. Seems as though this was a typical Wanda Brunstetter book, quick read and predictable. However, I don't mind the predictability as I enjoy the journey! Although this is the second in the series, you do not need to have read the first one in order for this one to make sense.

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Shiloh Run Press in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...