Monday, June 15, 2015

Woman of Courage by Wanda E. Brunstetter

Woman of CourageWoman of Courage by Wanda E. Brunstetter
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Paperback, 316 pages
Published April 1st 2014 by Shiloh Run Press
ISBN 1616260831 (ISBN13: 9781616260835)

After Amanda is unceremoniously dumped by her fiance, the day before her wedding, she heads west with her father and a guide to help the Indians, Native Americans, learn Christianity. Along the way she encounters hardships and endures wilderness like never before.

Learning Native American traditions has always been interesting to me and this book was filled with Native American ways. Some of them I thought were really cool and others were completely shocking! I also found it quite humbling to think of how the Native Americans and frontier men had to find food, get medical attention, protect themselves, and even birth babies! We are so accustomed to everything being right at our finger tips and having a good doctor close by, that we forget how lucky and blessed we are. These people had nothing and praised God! Many of us have EVERYTHING, still want more, and can't seem to give five minutes to God on a daily basis.

While I enjoyed the Native American traditions throughout the story, I felt many parts of the story were slow moving. On the other hand, there was a good mix of tense moments, followed by moments of life just happening. Just something seemed to be missing. I enjoyed the overall story, but it was lacking that something to make me want to keep reading. I think with a little more focus on Amanda and Buck and their feelings toward each other, would have ramped it up a little.

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Shiloh Run Press in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...