Sunday, June 21, 2015

Until I Found You by Victoria Bylin

Until I Found YouUntil I Found You by Victoria Bylin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 352 pages
Published May 31st 2014 by Bethany House Publishers
ISBN 0764211528 (ISBN13: 9780764211522)

I absolutely was taken with this book from the first few pages. Kate is on her way to help her grandmother who recently had a stroke. On her way, she encounters a condor on the highway causing her to swerve and her car ends up dangling from the side of the mountain. As she asks for help, she also asks if there's a God, for Him to save her. Along comes the recently converted Christian, Nick, who has vowed to not date for a year. Once he lays eyes on Kate though, that may prove to be a bigger challenge than he ever expected.

The only reason I didn't give this book 5 stars was because there were a few parts at the beginning that seemed a little slow. However, I loved everything about the book. The characters, the need for controlling life yourself, the desire for our timing vs. God's timing, and the constant struggle between going for fame vs. just letting go. "If you don't love yourself, who will? Life is meant to be savored." What a great insight! In our rush, rush world, we need to remember it's not about getting to the top, it's about enjoying each and every day, no matter what it holds.

I really enjoyed the story Leona, Kate's grandmother, wrote to Kate regarding her marriage and the condors. What a great little bonus to the book. Made me think of doing the same thing for my kids and one day grandkids!

I've read other reviews on this book, so I was a little nervous starting this one. However, some of the reviews I read were upset because the characters made them mad, or the characters seemed a little too needy. They also commented about how they wouldn't read more from this author. I have to say, ummm, when the author can make you that upset by a character, isn't that a sign of their skill?

Victoria Bylin is a new to me author and I can't wait to read more of her books! I've already requested another of her books from the library!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Bethany House in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...