Monday, June 22, 2015

The Calling by Suzanne Woods Fisher

The Calling (Inn at Eagle Hill #2)The Calling by Suzanne Woods Fisher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 332 pages
Published January 14th 2014 by Fleming H. Revell Company
ISBN 0800720946 (ISBN13: 9780800720940)
Series: Inn at Eagle Hill #2

Not really quite sure where to begin with this one. The synopsis states that it is mainly about Bethany, but there were so many other characters and little side stories, that I'm not quite sure how to summarize them all. I don't want to give anything away!

Bethany did have a majority of the story focused on her, but it was more than just about her. The story was also about the elderly sisters that she helped, the guest that was staying at the Inn, Bethany's love life or lack there of with Jimmy, her sister Mim, her family's past business problems, and also a little about Naomi. So many moving parts in this story, and I just loved them ALL! I also found an awesome quote, "The hardest choices in life, aren't between what's right and wrong, but between what's right and what's best." Oh my goodness, sometimes, that is SO true!

A few points were a little slow moving, but the attention to the detail in those sections was definitely needed. Then, it hit a point in the book where it almost seemed more like a light suspense and I couldn't put the book down! Caught my attention and I finished the book very quickly!

As soon as I finished, I requested the next one in the series because now I've just got to know how it ends! Can't wait to get my hands on the next one!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Revell in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...