Monday, June 1, 2015

Fatal Trauma by Richard L. Mabry

Fatal TraumaFatal Trauma by Richard L. Mabry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 304 pages
Published May 19th 2015 by Abingdon Press
ISBN 1630881163 (ISBN13: 9781630881160)

Dr. Mark Baker is an ER doctor suddenly forced to give emergency treatment to a man that was wheeled in to the ER by a man holding a gun. When the emergency care doesn't go the way the gun-yielding man had hoped, things go from bad to worse. And to top it all off, the gun-yielding man is connected with a drug cartel who will stop at nothing to make sure they get their "justice."

I have to be up front here and say, I'm not one who just adores medical suspense, however, I absolutely LOVE Mabry's books! I was once again immediately drawn into this book with the literal and figurative "bang."

What makes me fall so hard for Mabry's books? I think it's because I know what I'm reading is factual and has legitimate medical terminology in it. With the factual information provided, it makes the story seem so real. I actually could really picture most of the things happening in real life.

I find it very fascinating when an author can suck me right into their story, provide factual information, get my imagination to run, and yet it is just a story.

The other part I found very interesting about this story was the Christian aspect. Many stories are filled with strong believers who have always been faithful, attend church every Sunday, and pray every day. But, I liked that this one had characters that knew God growing up and for whatever reason, drifted away. College, family, relationships, all those things that once you get away from home, you find yourself with a bunch of free time to do other things. Then, it almost begins to feel like you've messed up so much, God wouldn't want you. "If God doesn't use people who've failed, who's left for Him to use?" That one sentence really struck home with me. At some point, we all fail, yet He continues to love us without hesitation.

Funny what you can gather from a fiction story isn't it?

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Abingdon Press in partnership with LitFuse and NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...