Monday, June 1, 2015

An Amish Miracle by Beth Wiseman, Ruth Reid, Mary Ellis

An Amish MiracleAn Amish Miracle by Beth Wiseman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

ebook, 384 pages
Published December 3rd 2013 by Thomas Nelson
ISBN 1401688713 (ISBN13: 9781401688714)

In this sweet set of novellas, miracles clearly do happen! I'm not sure why I put this one off so long, but I thoroughly enjoyed each story! What I thought was really neat about this particular set of novellas though was that the characters carried through each of the stories.

In the first story we meet Hope who is afraid to tell her husband why they won't ever have a son. Her shame from her past keeps her secret hidden until a stranger shows up on her doorstep and she finally has the courage to face the past.

Hope's story carries over to the next story as Rosa's good friend. Rosa is a widow who is facing the threat of losing her home due to unpaid taxes. Not willing to cast a poor light on her deceased husband, she refuses to ask for help. Finally Adam gets her to share her burden and encourages her to have faith, but when that faith doesn't seem to be enough, she only has a matter of days to move.

Becky pops up in both of the previous stories as the overweight Amish girl. Becky has a life changing moment and cries out to God to help her with her weight issue. When she begins losing weight, she has two men wanting to court her, and now she must decide which one truly has her heart.

I absolutely loved the realness of these stories! The last one with the weight issue strikes a cord with me as I've dealt with weight my entire life. Crying out to God seems to be the only answer and sometimes His answer isn't what I had pictured. And Rosa dealing with her money and faith. Goodness, it so hard waiting for God to move sometimes when you know there are bill due dates!

Ruth Reid and Mary Ellis are new to me authors and I'm looking forward to checking out one of their full length novels! If you enjoy Amish stories, I definitely recommend this set of novellas! I wish I had not put off reading it!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Thomas Nelson in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...