Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A Worthy Pursuit by Karen Witemeyer

A Worthy PursuitA Worthy Pursuit by Karen Witemeyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 352 pages
Published June 2nd 2015 by Bethany House Publishers
ISBN 076421280X (ISBN13: 9780764212802)

What a sweet read that turns into a bit of a nail biter then ends up leaving you filled with aaawwwwwwww. Charlotte is a teacher at a school for exceptional children. When the school closes, Charlotte continues to be the caretaker for several of her students, including one special little girl who's mom passed away and asked that Charlotte remain her guardian. Stone is hired by an unscrupulous man, the grandfather, to retrieve the little girl and return her "home." When Stone encounters Charlotte and her charges, he's forced to rethink his entire retrieval process.

I truly enjoy all of Karen's books and this one is no exception. I was drawn in by the sweet kids and hooked when Stone arrived on the scene. There was a few lulls in the story, but by the end I was on the edge of my seat and couldn't read fast enough! There was humor mixed in, which always gets my immediate approval! The ending was just so sweet and endearing! I am completely hooked on Karen's writing and can't wait to read another one of her stories!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Bethany House in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...