Monday, June 15, 2015

31 Days to Becoming a Happy Mom by Arlene Pellicane

31 Days to Becoming a Happy Mom31 Days to Becoming a Happy Mom by Arlene Pellicane
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Paperback
Expected publication: August 1st 2015 by Harvest House Publishers
ISBN 0736963502 (ISBN13: 9780736963503)

Goodness, you're not supposed to post a review until a month before the book's publish date, but I can't help it! This book was AWESOME!! I want to let EVERY mom know, YOU NEED TO GET THIS BOOK! I read this book on my phone, and I have so many highlights throughout this book, it's crazy! So many awesome little nuggets of information for moms!

One of my favorite things about the book is the way it is divided up into little sections, each one with a different mom focus, and every day ends with a prayer!

One of the things I'm trying to remember as a mom is, it's not about who finishes the race first! Moms are so caught up in the rush, rush, rush of life and trying to make sure that our kids are better than Little Johnny or Little Susie down the street, that sometimes we lose focus on what our true calling as a mom is supposed to be! "Somehow we've bought the lie that it's nobler to do more and sleep less." It was so nice to read another mom say some of the same things that have been on my heart for the past several months! "What if we could go through life as moms and consistently think, I just can't get over it! I just can't get over it! I get to mother these kids!" Instead of all of our "I have to's," what if we changed them to "I get to." Wow, wouldn't that be awesome!

This is such an encouraging book! It has really helped me put my focus on spending my time doing something interactive with the kids this summer, but also reminding myself that it's ok to have some "me" time too! I HIGHLY recommend this book to all moms! I plan on rereading it again and again! I just can't say enough positive about this book! PUT THIS ONE ON YOUR TO-READ LIST!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Harvest House Publishers in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...