Sunday, April 19, 2015

No Place to Hide by Lynette Eason

No Place to Hide (Hidden Identity, #3)No Place to Hide by Lynette Eason
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 336 pages
Expected publication: May 5th 2015 by Fleming H. Revell Company
ISBN 0800722108 (ISBN13: 9780800722104)
Series: Hidden Identity #3

Ian stumbles upon some information that he shouldn't have and someone wants to make sure he's dead before he passes that information on to the authorities. When Jackie visits him, she finds herself caught up in the mess. All the evidence points to Ian being part of a terrorist group, and now Jackie as well. Until they find proof to prove their innocence, they are on the run.

I'm not really quite sure how Lynette does it, but she always writes in such a way that I find myself immediately caught up in the story and on the edge of my seat. This particular story had a lot of moving parts and I typically tend to get mixed up, but she did such a fantastic job of introducing the different parts and then intertwining the stories, that I found myself that much more interested in the story. And the ending, what a sweet way to neatly tie everything together.

My only disappointment with this book was Gus, what happened to him? I may have missed it, but I don't remember anything being mentioned about him after the cabin in Virginia. I would have loved to know if Ian gave him a home to help someone or if he kept him?

I loved Jackie's character! The hurt she faced previously and the determination to help a friend. Her frustration with God and her strength. Wow. Just an incredible character. Someone I would love to know in real life.

And Ian, poor guy. Caught up in a mess, just doing his job. "It had happened in biblical time - innocent people going to jail - even dying because they were wrongly accused." That pretty much summed up how he lived his life. Not understanding why this was happening to him, but fully relying on God and trusting Him.

I just love Lynette's writing and cannot wait to read another one of her books. The constant action, suspense, and subtle love story always captures my heart. Well done, Lynette!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Revell in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...