Monday, February 23, 2015

The Amish Nanny by Patricia Davids

The Amish NannyThe Amish Nanny by Patricia Davids
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 224 pages
Published July 15th 2014 by Love Inspired
ISBN 0373879024 (ISBN13: 9780373879021)
Series: Brides of Amish Country #11

While Clara is helping her friend, the neighbor's kid gets into mischief and causes Clara's friend to march straight over to the neighboring farm and report the boy's mischief. When Clara realizes the child is staying with his uncle, she becomes concerned and decides to scope out the boy's punishment. After realizing she overreacted because of her own past, she apologizes to his uncle, Ethan, and she begins to be the nanny he so desperately needs for his niece and nephews.

I was a little hesitant at first, but then was quickly swept up into the good natured banter, the struggles each of them were dealing with, and the adorable children that just tugged at my heart strings. I know many would say this was a typical Amish romance and ended exactly the way they thought, but for me, it was just so much more. The story, the heartache, the growing bond, the struggle to let go of the past, it just all seemed so real. "The more you hide from a fear the larger it becomes." Something we all need to remember.

I was so caught up in the story, that during one point, my eyes swelled and the tears just poured out. It was such a touching moment, and I couldn't help but have my heart break for the children as they shared their sweet memories. Having lost my mom when I was younger, I could totally relate. "Their love for you has not died. It shines strongest when you love and care for each other." That just really touched my heart!

So, if you don't like a predictable outcome, then perhaps this isn't the book for you, but for me, the journey to the end was anything but predictable.

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Love Inspired in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...