Friday, February 6, 2015

Shattered Secrets by Karen Harper

Shattered Secrets (Cold Creek, #1)Shattered Secrets by Karen Harper
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 400 pages
Published August 26th 2014 by Harlequin MIRA
ISBN 0778316475 (ISBN13: 9780778316473)
Series: Cold Creek #1

Tess returns to her hometown to sell her mother's house. Her plans are to sell it and get out. But, while she is there, a girl is kidnapped which brings Tess' past back to haunt her. Desperate to remember what happened to her in the past and determined to use those memories to find the kidnapped little girl, Tess becomes the center of attention. With all the attention, someone is upset and determined to get Tess out of town, or worse, dead.

Wow, this is one of those stories I was so determined I had nailed the perpetrator, and then wham, out of nowhere, someone totally unsuspected is the kidnapper. I totally didn't see that one coming! GREAT twist!

I gave this book only four stars though because I felt the beginning was a little slow and it took me to almost page 100 to really get into the story. Then, the action picked up, and by the halfway point, I couldn't put it down!

For my Christian reading friends, I've read previous Karen Harper books that involved the Amish and they were good. This one was far better, however, it did have some language in it.

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Harlequin MIRA in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...