Sunday, February 1, 2015

Hit and Nun by Peg Cochran

Hit and Nun (A Lucille Mystery Book 3)Hit and Nun by Peg Cochran
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Kindle Edition
Published January 5th 2015 by Beyond the Page
ASINB00RW5Q6HW
Series: A Lucille Mystery Book 3

Lucille is leaving her part-time job, when Sal, a local Pizzeria owner, walks in with a stab wound. After she baptizes him, he dies. Knowing the police won't find the killer quick enough, Lucille enlists her friend Flo to help her find who is behind the stabbing.

To be completely honest, this book drove me nuts! It took me a long time to get into it because I kept tripping over the grammar errors. For example, "She hoped she wasn't going to have no heart attack..." The use of double negatives was huge in this book. I can completely get it when the characters are talking, but just to have it in a regular sentence of the story, well, I just didn't care for it at all. Also wrong verb tense such as "all the kids was getting them these days." It was very distracting for me. And it was numerous times throughout the book!

I did find it funny when she was in the A&P checking out and was talking about people that use the express lane. It's a fact of life, that some people will use that lane and have more than the designated amount of items. It's also a fact of life, that once in a while you'll have someone who will point out that someone else having too many items in the express lane. What I found funny was, Lucille was trying to figure out who made them the "express lane police." Loved that!

I also found it humorous to listen to all of Lucille's ideas of what was on the Paleo diet and why they must be ok. I'm not a Paleo expert, but I'm pretty sure some of the things she mentioned are not on the Paleo approved list!

Overall, for me, this story just seemed to be missing something to keep it moving along. It did pick up towards the end, but it still seemed to be missing a strong underlying story. There were several smaller story lines, but none that I felt I just had to know how it turned out. This is my first story by Peg Cochran and while it wasn't my favorite, I will say it was a nice change of pace and a quick read.

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Beyond the Page Publishing in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...