Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Healing Quilt by Wanda E. Brunstetter

The Healing Quilt (The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club, #3)The Healing Quilt by Wanda E. Brunstetter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 320 pages
Published August 1st 2014 by Shiloh Run Press
ISBN 1616260874 (ISBN13: 9781616260873)
Series: The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club #3

Emma and Lamar are in Florida enjoying the warm weather when they decide once again to hold a quilting class in their home. The quilting class brings many people, both male and female, with a variety of backgrounds and reasons for taking the class. As in the other quilting classes, Emma and Lamar feel that this group of people were put together for a very specific reason and they can't wait to see the class's stories unfold.

I have to say, I almost gave this book only three stars, simply because it is very hard to get involved with six different stories at one time. Each class member has a story and a background of their own, and at the beginning, it's very hard to keep up with them all. However, as the story moves along and the stories unfold, I couldn't wait to see what happened next. I enjoyed this one much more than the previous one and loved how the stories intertwined with each other.

So many great lessons to learn from the stories as well. Jennifer's lesson was the one that stuck out the most to me. Jennifer and her husband Randy had a hard time accepting gifts from others, but learned that they were blessings in disguise. Sometimes that's hard for anyone to accept a "hand-out" from a stranger, however, we need to remember that if we refuse to accept a gift, not only do we cheat ourselves out of a blessing, but we steal the joy from the other person who had the honor of giving the blessing.

I really enjoyed watching the stories unfold and was having a hard time putting the book down once all the details came out. A quick, easy read, and a great mixing of the Amish and "Englisch" lifestyles.

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Shiloh Run Press (a division of Barbour Publishing) in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...