Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Christmas Quilt by Vannetta Chapman

The Christmas QuiltThe Christmas Quilt by Vannetta Chapman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Paperback, 247 pages
Published October 2013 by Abingdon Press
ISBN 1426752776 (ISBN13: 9781426752773)
Series: Quilts of Love #11

Such a cute story of learning patience and on God's promises. Leah is pregnant with twins, and while it's supposed to be a joyous time, she feels her and her husband couldn't be any further apart. When she realizes she's having labor pains way too early for the babies to have a chance of survival, she learns that some of the "big" issues between her and her husband aren't really so "big" after all.

I have to be honest and say this was such a cute story, but for me I had a hard time finding what the purpose of the story was at the beginning. It took me way too many pages to realize that the story was centered around Leah and her twins. For me, that made it a little hard to get into the story. Once Leah had labor pains and the story solely focused around the birth of the twins, I truly enjoyed it.

I did find one of the coolest quotes I've read in a book. Leah says, " You always were a tease, Annie. Always leaving your listeners wanting more." Annie responded, "Stories are that way though. They involve you in another's life, but our road only intersects theirs for a time." Ah, I love that, and how true!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Abingdon Press in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...