Sunday, January 4, 2015

Nowhere to Turn by Lynette Eason

Nowhere to Turn (Hidden Identity, #2)Nowhere to Turn by Lynette Eason
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Paperback, 315 pages
Published September 2nd 2014 by Fleming H. Revell Company
ISBN 0800722094 (ISBN13: 9780800722098)
Series: Hidden Identity #2

Kurt is an FBI agent and on a major power trip. He abuses his wife and son, and finds pleasure in making jokes of other's weaknesses. His wife, Dani, decides she's had enough and takes off with her son, Simon. The same day she takes off is the same day her husband takes a joke too far and ends up dead himself. Now, six months later, Dani finds her life in danger again and is on the run, determined to finally get a "normal" life for her and her son.

I don't know how Lynette does it, time and time again. I find myself drawn in right from the beginning. Then, I'm on the edge of my seat, trying to help Dani and Simon find safety and giving them hints at who's doing what. Ha! And by the end of the book, I'm in tears. What a ride! I also thought it was neat to revisit the characters from the first one in the series. I absolutely love Lynette's suspense writing and her ability to mix it with romance without it being too "mushy." I cannot wait for the next one in this series!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Revell in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...