Monday, January 12, 2015

An Amish Cradle by Beth Wiseman, Amy Clipston, Kathleen Fuller, and Vannetta Chapman

An Amish CradleAn Amish Cradle by Beth Wiseman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

ebook, 400 pages
Expected publication: February 1st 2015 by Thomas Nelson
ISBN 052911979X (ISBN13: 9780529119797)

In The Father's Arms by Beth Wiseman - Most of the time when I read a novella, I feel it was short and sweet and covered exactly what it needed to. And when I read someone's review that states they are not happy because it seemed so short, I think, well, it is a novella. But with this one, I find myself feeling that way. I wish there was more. I felt it ended just a little bit too abruptly and would have liked to see a bit longer of an "awakening" in Levi. Or at least read more about what caused his turnaround. Other than that, I really did enjoy the story and found myself thinking about the trials a special needs family goes through that I never thought of before. I kept reading and thinking, come on Levi, get it together!

A Son For Always by Amy Clipston - Carolyn and Joshua are not the typical Amish couple, but their love for each other is true and pure. When Carolyn has her baby she must decide if she can finally forgive herself and trust God to provide for the desires of her heart. And Carolyn also faces a decision that many of us face as new moms, to go back to work or not?

Such a sweet story about forgiveness. Many times, I wanted to reach into the book and tell Carolyn, QUIT WORRYING! Ha!

A Heart Full of Love by Kathleen Fuller - Ellie can't wait to meet her new little bundle of joy, make that two bundles of joy, but her mom has reservations. Despite her blindness, Ellie is sure she can handle taking care of the twins, but her mom's seemingly never-ending meddling and distrust of Ellie's abilities is beginning to cause undue stress for Ellie and make her doubt herself.

Another great novella that covers a very real issue I've often wondered about. How does a blind person care for their child? I didn't even think of all the extra organization it would take. And who doesn't have at least one relative who is a bit overbearing with a newborn?

An Unexpected Blessing by Vannetta Chapman - A sweet story of Etta and Mose who had an unexpected blessing in their 40's. I really enjoyed this story as they also feared for their financial security. What I liked was how Vannetta didn't just say God's will, she showed their emotions, their worries, and their sorrow. Many times we can know in our mind that God's will is always best, but it doesn't mean that sometimes that doesn't hurt. And one of my favorite quotes was in this story, "In youth we learn, in age we understand." Wow, how true! On a side note, what I found really funny (yes, it's probably because I'm weird, but...) is that Etta and Mose new baby would be an aunt, and her nephew would actually be older than her! hehe!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Thomas Nelson in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...