Thursday, January 29, 2015

A Dream of Home by Amy Clipston

A Dream of Home (Hearts of Lancaster Grand Hotel, #3)A Dream of Home by Amy Clipston
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Paperback, 306 pages
Published November 4th 2014 by Zondervan
ISBN 031033585X (ISBN13: 9780310335856)
Series: Hearts of Lancaster Grand Hotel #3

After having served time in the military and witnessed things that still haunt her, Madeleine is ready to begin a new life in the Amish home where she created many wonderful memories with her grandmother when she was young. Madeleine befriends her Amish neighbor, Saul, and his little girl, Emma. When Emma begins to call Madeleine her best grown-up friend, Saul tells Emma she can no longer visit Madeleine. Feeling completely heart-broken, Madeleine turns to God for direction.

Another sweet addition to the series. When I read about Madeleine in the second book, I had a feeling about what was going to happen, but to see how it happened was quite a journey. I thought it was very interesting how Amy portrayed Saul in this book vs the second one. Kind of reminded me that God always has a plan. When you're going off track and it's not working, sometimes it's quite obvious.

I once again was annoyed with how judgmental Amish are and thinking that Madeleine would just run off because that's what Englischers do. And then I thought, hmmmm, that's probably what all of us are guilty of, judging others.

My favorite little character was Emma! How stinkin' adorable! I loved her interaction with Maddie, her excitement over sharing recipes, and her heart for trying to help make things easier for her dad. So sweet.

I love how Amy has continued each of the previous stories into this one. And I hope the stories from this one continue into the next one because there were a lot of loose ends at the end of this one. I can't wait for the next one so I can see how everyone is doing.

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Zondervan in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...