Wednesday, December 24, 2014

A Robertson Family Christmas by Kay Robertson

A Robertson Family ChristmasA Robertson Family Christmas by Kay Robertson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hardcover, 298 pages
Published October 1st 2014 by Tyndale House Publishers
ISBN 1414398204 (ISBN13: 9781414398204)

Anything with the Robertson family is sure to be fun and this book was no different. Hunter is a teen boy with an attitude. All he wants is for his divorced dad and brother to pay him some attention. Instead, his mom enters him into crazy contest and he wins the once in a lifetime opportunity to spend Christmas with the Duck Dynasty Robertson family. As I read through the book I could really picture it being an actual episode of Duck Dynasty. The characteristics, the humor, the importance of family, and the love of Christ is exactly the same thing that every show is filled with. As a mom of three, I also enjoyed reading about Korie's worries over this being the last Christmas that John Luke would still be in high school and her trepidation in not knowing what the next few Christmases would be like because of the kids continuing to get bigger and possibly moving out. "But she also knew you couldn't do everything you wanted and be everything you wanted to be in each season." I found a new favorite quote for parenthood, "For parents, the days are long but the years are short." Sigh, so true! A Robertson Family Christmas was a quick read and was a great reminder to what the real reason of Christmas is all about.

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Tyndale in partnership with The Christian Manifesto and NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...