Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Devil Walks in Mattingly by Billy Coffey

The Devil Walks in MattinglyThe Devil Walks in Mattingly by Billy Coffey
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Paperback, 391 pages
Published March 11th 2014 by Thomas Nelson Publishers
ISBN 1401688225

Well, I'm not really sure where to begin with this book except perhaps I should have done a little more research on the author and the genre of the book before I started reading. I have not read any other books by this author. I was interested at the beginning and then, it just kept going, and going, and going, and I began thinking, "Will this book ever end?" It was one of those where I didn't want to quit because I wanted to know what in the world the "hole" was. I got to the end and was still confused as to what it was. Sigh. Perhaps had I realized it was a science fiction/fantasy type book, I would have been able to follow along a little better, but then again, I don't care for that genre at all. For me, it just seemed to drag on and Jake was just a big wimp.

I don't like being so "down" on a book, but this one was just really out of my realm. If you like science fiction/fantasy type books though, I would recommend this one! Maybe you can explain it to me then. Hehe!

View all my reviews

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Thomas Nelson in partnership with Litfuse to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...