Sunday, February 16, 2014

Home to Seaview Key by Sherryl Woods

Home to Seaview Key (A Seaview Key Novel)Home to Seaview Key by Sherryl Woods
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published January 28th 2014 by Harlequin MIRA
ISBN 0778315894 (ISBN13: 9780778315896)
Series: A Seaview Key #2

Abby returns to Seaview Key after her divorce. She hopes to find the "fun" girl that she used to be and reunite with her best friend from high school. However, her best friend from high school is now married to her high school boyfriend. When the residents of Seaview Key realize Abby is back and with a construction development plan to change their beloved island town, they begin to think she returned to simply stir up trouble.

I'm not real sure how Sherryl Woods manages to do it, but with every story of hers, I fall in love with the characters. Abby was no different. I found myself rooting for her from the very beginning when everyone was saying she was only trying to cause problems. Maybe I connected because she was close to my age and I felt bad for her, having to restart in middle age.

As Abby gained the trust of the community and a fine young man, Seth, I couldn't help but wish true love for her. She divorced a man who seemingly just wanted her to do whatever he said and not have a thought or feeling on her own. Seth seemed to be the perfect guy for her, except he kept having doubts himself and issues that he needed to work through because of his own insecurities.

I loved the way the relationship grew with Abby and Seth. The humor between them, the flirting, the talks, all of it just seemed like it could be happening in the house right next door to me. So realistic. So current. I think I was Abby's loudest cheerleader in the day it took me to read this sweet, romantic story. Maybe reading it on Valentine's Day had a little something to do with that? I tend to believe it was just another show of Sherryl's incredible writing! Way to go Sherryl!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Harlequin MIRA in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...