Saturday, February 1, 2014

Distortion by Terri Blackstock

Distortion (Moonlighters, #2)Distortion by Terri Blackstock
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Paperback, 362 pages
Published March 11th 2014 by Zondervan (first published March 1st 2014)
ISBN 0310283140 (ISBN13: 9780310283140)
Series: Moonlighters Series #2

After a physical day of moving her sister, again, Juliet and her husband head to the local rental truck store to return the truck rental. To her horror, Juliet watches as her husband is shot to death in front of her very eyes. Holding her husband as he breaths his last breaths, Juliet's world is turned upside down. After questioning at the police station, she returns home only to receive a phone call that puts her entire family's life in danger, including her two precious children.

Oh my goodness! I can't believe I haven't read one of Terri's books previously! What a great author! Anyone who can put you on the edge of your seat within the first few pages AND pull at your heart strings at the same time deserves major kudos! Great writing Terri!

My heart broke for Juliet as she held her dying husband. Then once she received the phone call, my heart tensed up for her and her children. How could anyone want to hurt children? As the story unravels, again, I was right there with Juliet, feeling angry, confused, and determined to figure out the truth. She began questioning if her husband ever loved her, cared for her, or even if he was a Christian as he professed he was. I couldn't even imagine having to go through that situation in real life, a story was just about all I could take.

I was captivated by this family and how they all supported each other, covered each others backs, and endlessly protected one another. My only confusion was at the very beginning as I was trying to figure out how they all connected and who faced the previous tragedy. However, I did not read the first one in this Moonlighters series, which may have been most helpful. Once I figured out how they were all connected, not having read the first one was no longer an issue. I think you could easily read this one, without having read the first one, and enjoy every single minute of it!

I enjoyed the roller coaster of this mystery and I cannot wait to get my hands on more by Terri! I was shocked, angry, hurt, confused, bewildered, in tears, and on the edge of my seat a majority of this book. Anyone who can create all those emotions in one story, well, they just earned themselves another HUGE fan!! Way to go Terri!

I was graciously provided a free copy of this book from Zondervan in partnership with Litfuse to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...