Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Undeniably Yours by Becky Wade

Undeniably Yours (A Porter Family Novel, #1)Undeniably Yours by Becky Wade
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Paperback, 380 pages
Published May 2013 by Bethany House Publishers
ISBN 0764209752 (ISBN13: 9780764209758)
Series: A Porter Family Novel #1

Meg's wealthy father passes away unexpectedly and she is left in charge of a very large oil company that she has no interest in. She had a deal with her father that after she graduated, she would be able to do what she wanted to do for 10 years before she came back to her father's oil company. Her 10 years wasn't up. Now, she needs to move back to her childhood home that seemed to be devoid of love from her father and try to figure out how to run an oil company. Filled with anxiety, the one place she finds herself able to relax is in the presence of one very handsome cowboy named Bo. Not ready to get in a relationship, especially with someone she told they have six months before they're out of a job, she finds herself searching for God's wisdom, direction, and His desires for her life.

Holy cow and wow! I really loved this book! This is my first time reading a book by Becky Wade and I can honestly say, it most definitely will not be my last! Great job Becky!

"I've spent a lifetime caring about what other people said about me, and I've never been able to please them no matter how hard I tried. I can't let myself care about what other people say about me anymore." - Wow, those two sentences really touched my heart. Recently, I've been dealing with those very same issues. Always pleasing everyone else, bending over backwards, and no matter what I do, it's wrong. I could really relate with Meg as she tried to deal with trying to not care what others thought anymore. Meg came from a very wealthy family, and people judged her by that, yet in her heart, the money really didn't mean anything to her. She enjoyed the simple side of life, despite her well-to-do appearance.

All the characters in the story were very well written, and while there was a lot of them, it was super easy to keep up with them all. Becky did a great job of giving details about each of them and explaining the significance of having them in the story. I also enjoyed Becky's ability to not only make the characters seem real, but to also be able to paint such a clear picture of the scenery. At some points she described what was sitting on a mantle, or table, or numerous objects in a room and it was with such detail and vibrancy that I could picture, very clearly, the scene she was intending to paint.

As for the spiritual message throughout, as I said earlier, it was something that I could connect with. Meg was trying to figure out what she wanted from her life. Did she want to be what everyone expected her to be or did she want to forge her own path? Meg was certain that she should run the oil company as she knew that's what her father would have wanted, but after trying to understand the workings of the oil company and still being miserable, was it really worth it? She also wasn't sure she wanted a relationship with an employee because people may talk, but should she risk her happiness for appearance sake? Meg turned her focus to God and asked Him to guide and direct her to His will, not hers, not her earthly father's, nor the world's expectations. She knew the only way she could truly be happy was to do what God led her to do.

Oh, I can't forget Bo. What a great character! I've read many romances where the man just seems goofy in love, head over heals, and well, just annoying, but Bo seemed genuine. He really adored Meg and wanted her to be happy. And the fact that he always had tissues in his pocket for her, made me smile each and every time! So sweet!

I can't think of anything I didn't like about this book. So, go on and get you a copy quick! (Unless of course you don't want to read a romance, then I would not suggest this one.) Full of romance, humor, a good Christian message, and even an "edge of your seat" moment, Undeniably Yours needs to be on your to-read list! I am eagerly looking forward to the next one in this Porter Family series!!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Bethany House in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...