Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wind Chime Point by Sherryl Woods

Wind Chime Point (Ocean Breeze, #2)Wind Chime Point by Sherryl Woods
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 400 pages
Published April 30th 2013 by Harlequin MIRA
ISBN 0778314421 (ISBN13: 9780778314424)
Series: Ocean Breeze #2

After learning she is pregnant and without a job, Gabi Castle returns to Sand Castle Bay to be surrounded by her family. Being the quintessential planner that she is, Gabi is determined to come up with a plan for her future career and for her baby. The only problem is, her planning skills have seemingly gotten rusty as she just can't seem to map everything out like she used to, which only adds to her frustration.

I just love the feeling of small town camaraderie and family that Sherryl is able to create in her stories. The Castle family always looks out for each other and when Gabi returns home unwed, pregnant, and jobless, it is no different. I love that. No judgment was passed on her, no one refused to talk to her because she "messed up," they welcomed her with open arms.

While I still loved this story, this one seemed to lack a little bit of a plot. I loved the beginning, when everyone was welcoming her in, planning details for Emily's wedding, and allowing Gabi space to come to terms with what was happening in her life. Then the middle kind of had a lull and I found myself not enjoying it quite as much as the first one. I guess because there was not a lot of tension in Gabi's lack of a love life. Wade was being a perfect gentleman and respecting Gabi's boundaries for a new relationship, which I think was a great way to show his character, but also took a little away from the romantic feel of the story. However, at the end, the romance was turned up and the feeling of family was once again as strong as ever.

As always, I laughed with the Castles, I cried, and even felt joy with them during several different happenings throughout the book. Overall, this was a great read and would definitely recommend it. I am eagerly awaiting getting my hands on the third one in the series. :)

For my Christian readers, this is a secular read and I've added the "speak no evil" book because there was ONE use of profanity in the book. It was in towards the end and it's a place many Christians talk about. I've also added the "see no evil" book because there was a premarital pregnancy, that's it. Just wanted to be honest and share those points with those that may be looking for strictly Christian fiction.

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Harlequin/MIRA in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...