Monday, June 24, 2013

Pennsylvania Patchwork

Pennsylvania Patchwork (Legacy of Lancaster #2)Pennsylvania Patchwork by Kate Lloyd
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 384 pages
Published June 1st 2013 by David C. Cook
ISBN 0781408733 (ISBN13: 9780781408738)
Series: Legacy of Lancaster #2

After settling in to the slow pace of Amish country, Holly finds herself in the tough spot of deciding between three potential suitors. When none of the three suitors says what Holly is looking for, she has to do some soul searching to see how she wants to live her life. Will she choose Armin and an Amish lifestyle, will she choose Zach, a husband who works a lot with a Mennonite lifestyle, or will she choose Larry and an Englisch life of exquisite standards?

I enjoyed this one so much more than the first one in the series. In this one I felt Holly was a little bit more mature and I could understand her wanting to hear the very important three little words, I love you, from one of her suitors before she could make a final decision. While each man brought something different to her life, did they really love her for who she was? I really liked the fact that those three little words were most important for Holly to hear.

I also liked the story line of Holly's mom, Esther. I actually wonder though, if that had turned out differently, how that would have affected Holly's decision making in choosing her future husband.

I enjoyed the funny little lines throughout the story as well. And I could just picture the guys standing there, with there chests pumped out, talking smack to each other. My favorite line between the men, "I've got better things to do than listen to you put me down in order to build yourself up" just made me chuckle picturing the exchange. An overall pleasant read and if you've read the first one, then I definitely recommend checking this one out.

I was graciously provided a free copy of this book from David C Cook in partnership with Litfuse to review it. (I also received a free digital copy from NetGalley.) I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...