Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Halfway There

Halfway There (Fool's Gold, #10.5)Halfway There by Susan Mallery
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

ebook, 52 pages
Published May 1st 2013 by Harlequin
ISBN 146031199X (ISBN13: 9781460311998)
Series: Fool's Gold #10.5

Fayrene is one year into her five year plan and has no intentions of getting into a relationship before her plan is complete. When Ryan steps in to help her with a stressful cat sitting job, Fayrene's not sure she can hold to that no relationship part of her plan.

I normally feel that novellas are way too short and you just don't ever get enough information. However, my hats off to the Susan Mallery for being able to achieve such a sweet story in so few pages. Susan was able to portray a story, the ever wanted love at first site, within a few short pages. Now, obviously I would have loved to read more about each of them and their personalities and had a chance to get to know them better, but I'm satisfied with this novella. Susan also did a great job of wrapping the story up without making it feel rushed.

I read this as an in between two other longer books and it was a nice, short, sweet story to break things up a bit. I've not read any of the other books in this series and had no problem in not knowing the other stories. If you're looking for a quick, easy read with romance, then I would definitely recommend this one!

I've included the "See no evil" book cover because it did talk about premarital sex, but it did not go into any detail and explain it any great detail. I've also included the "Speak no evil" book cover because there was at least one use of profanity in the book, very minor though. Just wanted to be honest and share those points with those that may be looking for strictly Christian fiction.

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Harlequin to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...