Wednesday, May 1, 2013

When a Secret Kills

When a Secret Kills (Deadly Reunions, #3)When a Secret Kills by Lynette Eason
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Paperback, 352 pages
Expected publication: May 1st 2013 by Revell
ISBN 0800720091 (ISBN13: 9780800720094)
Series: Deadly Reunions #3

Jillian Carter returns to her hometown in Columbia, SC to finally face her fears. On her high school graduation night, 10 years prior, she took off. Now, with her friends in danger, she returns to find the truth and to put an end to always looking over her shoulder. When it becomes very apparent that someone wants her dead, will Jillian have faith and courage to see it through to the end?

I will have to admit, the reason I wanted to read the first one in this series was because the author lives about an hour from me in beautiful South Carolina. So, I wanted to support a local author. However, the reason I continued reading book 2 and book 3 was because I just had to know what was going to happen next. I have been eagerly awaiting the conclusion and to see what happens to Jillian in this series.

What more do I say without giving something away? I think the characters were all very well written. I liked that Colton wasn’t so sure of Jillian’s story because it meant that everything he thought about his uncle may not be true. I like how Lynette wrote his disbelief into the story and at the same time also made Jillian’s skepticism of Colton seem a very real possibility as well. Oh, and little firecracker Meg, how adorable. Her character reminded me of my daughter’s feistiness to a tee! And of course I enjoyed hearing some familiar places throughout the story, such as Lake Murray and downtown hotel names, it really made the story seem that much more real to me.

Of all the things I could say about this book, I think the best thing I could say would be, WOW! What an amazing end to this series! If you are looking for a great suspense book, then this is the one you need to get! From the very beginning to the very end, there are twists and turns and breath-catching moments. I think I ran through about every emotion possible in this book as well. There was humor, nail-biting, tears, pulling of my heart-strings, and some beautiful heartwarming romance all in this one spectacular book. Great job with the conclusion to the Deadly Reunions series Lynette! I so didn’t see that one coming!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Edelweiss in partnership with The Christian Manifesto to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...