Saturday, April 27, 2013

Stress Test

Stress TestStress Test by Richard L. Mabry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Paperback, 320 pages
Published April 9th 2013 by Thomas Nelson Publishers
ISBN 1401687083 (ISBN13: 9781401687083)

Dr. Matt Newman is ready to leave his surgical practice behind and follow a different career path that he will not only have better hours but in a student environment where he felt he had a lot to give. When Matt heads home after his last night being a surgeon, his life becomes anything but easier. He's attacked as he leaves work and everything goes down hill from there. When Sandra is recommended to him as a lawyer, things get even more complicated. And when his kidnappers are determined to finish what they started, Matt is in for his largest stress test (and test of faith) yet.

Well goodness, where do I start? I just LOVED this book! I read it in two days if that tells you anything! This is my first "medical" book and my first by Richard Mabry. Wow, I can't believe I didn't give these type books a chance before. The action was non-stop from the beginning to the end. There were twists and turns that I never saw coming.

I must say, while I didn't understand all the medical terminology, most of it was explained in a way that I knew what was going on. Plus, it didn't take away from the story for me. Many feel it does, but to me it just adds more "realness" to the story. As a matter of fact, my husband and I were driving by a small office building one day and the first thought that came to my mind was, wonder if that's where Dr. Matt went? Hahaha, yes, I was THAT much into the story!

I surely won't be afraid to try another medical story after this one! Great writing Richard Mabry, I can't wait to read another one of your books!

I was graciously provided a free copy of this book from Litfuse in partnership with Thomas Nelson to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...