Friday, April 26, 2013

Shattered

Shattered (Alaskan Courage, # 2)Shattered by Dani Pettrey
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Paperback, 320 pages
Published February 1st 2013 by Bethany House
ISBN 0764209833 (ISBN13: 9780764209833)
Series: Alaskan Courage #2

In the Last Frontier of Alaska a murder in the ski village shakes up the small town of Yancey. When Piper's brother is accused of the murder, Piper decides to prove his innocence. Landon, a deputy, is not going to let her investigate by herself, but can he keep his mind on the investigation and not on his feelings for Piper?

I must say, this was not my favorite murder/mystery book. I keep trying to figure out why that is. Honestly, I'm not sure if it was just my "life happenings" at the time of reading this or something else. For me, the story just didn't have quite enough, "oh my gosh" moments or enough of a "page-turner" story-line. Piper and Landon and all the others who helped out, went through so much only to have to keep going. But, what made them keep going wasn't necessarily a "got to know what they're going to find next" type search. And I also found myself getting a little confused with how all the characters related to each other.

My favorite character was Landon. I really felt I could understand his struggle with his past and with his current feelings for Piper. Landon's character had a lot of depth to him and I really enjoyed that! Oh, and the cover, I just LOVED the embossed cover. I kept finding myself running my fingers over it! (I know, I'm weird!) So, while there were many positives to the story and the writing, I was just needing a little bit more for it to be a real page-turner.

I was graciously provided a free copy of this book from Litfuse in partnership with Bethany House to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...