Friday, February 1, 2013

Heart in Hand

Heart in Hand (Stitches in Time, #3)Heart in Hand by Barbara Cameron
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Paperback, 304 pages
Expected publication: February 1st 2013 by Abingdon Press
ISBN 1426714343 (ISBN13: 9781426714344)
Series: Stitches in Time #3

Anna is the final cousin in the Stitches in Time series. Her husband was taken much too early in their marriage and Anna has been single and alone ever since. She's not really sure she is ready to move on. When Gideon brings his daughter, Sarah Rose, into the Stitches in Time shop, he immediately notices Anna. Gideon also lost his wife to cancer, but is he really ready to move on?

Oh, I absolutely loved Sarah Rose's question "But why do other kids get to have their mamms a long time and not me?" As someone who lost their mom at 19, I had that same question many times, and sometimes still wonder about it. It is such a hard thing to lose a parent at a young age. I could completely understand Sarah Rose's struggles throughout the book with behavior and my heart broke for her.

The other line I really enjoyed from the book was "This sense of having to always do two things at once was one of the things that seemed to stress the Englisch the most and made them envy the Amish." Ha, isn't that so true? We spend all day doing two things at once and only seem to find ourselves more behind than the day before. Crazy, isn't it? I never thought of how the Amish may look at us. I'm sure they get a chuckle from watching some of us Englisch folk!

I must honestly say though, this was my least favorite in the series. The other two seemed to be filled with more "meat." This one had a lull in the story. The story began and led up to Anna and Gideon beginning to date, and then kind of fizzled out and didn't go any where for several chapters. I was sure, there was going to be more about each of them not wanting to move on for fear of erasing the memories of their deceased spouse. But, there wasn't. It just seemed like there was a great build-up, then a lull, then a sweet ending, but not enough "bumps in the road" during the middle. I would have loved to "hear" more from Anna about her thoughts on moving on and more from Gideon about moving on.

Once again, Barbara did a great job of updating on all the other characters from the previous ones in the series and her other series. I love catching up with all the characters and seeing where they are at in their "happily ever after." And the other characters aren't just thrown in the story, you can tell there is some real thought on how to mingle them into the story line to make it cohesive.

If you've read the others in the series, then don't miss this one as there are some great updates about all the characters and it's nice to hear how Anna has been living since her husband passed.

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Abingdon Press in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...