Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Plain Death

A Plain Death (Appleseed Creek Mystery Series #1)A Plain Death by Amanda Flower
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Paperback, 336 pages
Published July 1st 2012 by B&H Books (first published June 4th 2012)
ISBN 1433676974 (ISBN13: 9781433676970)
Series: Appleseed Creek Mystery Series #1

Chloe moves to the Amish town of Appleseed Creek in pursuit of a new job, only to find herself in the middle of a murder mystery. When a death occurs because of her car, she begins to wonder if she should have moved to Appleseed. Now, she needs to find the person who caused the string of mishaps before someone else is killed.

I don't know where to begin with this one. I normally can't stand to read first person stories, however, that's not what bothered me with this one. I felt the first person writing was very good and didn't come across short and choppy like some first person stories can be. I got a feel for all the characters, of course I wish there was more, but you can't have that with first person. I think maybe the "mystery" wasn't enough for me. And without giving away too much of the story, I just think it could have been a bit more dramatic. What saved he story for me was the underlying animosity from the deacon of the Amish community towards Chloe. I wanted to know what was going to happen with her visits to the Amish Troyer family.

Overall, I would say it was a good read, but if you're looking for a real, edge of your seat mystery, then this is probably not the book for you. If you're looking for a good, who dunnit type mystery with Amish facts and lifestyle mixed in, then I would definitely recommend this. The author seems to be spot on with her Amish facts.

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from B&H Publishing Group in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...