Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Recipe of the Month

I thought I'd try something new with this. I love to share recipes, try new ones, and hear other's "substitutes" in recipes. I will share a recipe with you and if you make this recipe already, will you share what you do differently with yours?

You know what it is this month! Oh yes, time for those traditional, but ever so yummy Thanksgiving recipes. I thought I'd share a recipe that I had for the first time last year. I was so shocked that I enjoyed the ingredients together! You'll be surprised, you'll enjoy them too!

Pineapple Casserole:

1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks, drained
1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple with juice
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups shredded (sharp or mild) Cheddar cheese
1 2/3 cups crushed saltine crackers
3 tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350F.
Combine the pineapple chunks and crushed pineapple with syrup. Pour into a 2 quart baking dish.
Mix together the flour and sugar, sprinkle evenly on top of pineapple. Cover with cheese, top cheese with cracker crumbs and drizzle melted butter on top. Bake at 350F for 25 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and serve.

ENJOY! ☺

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...