Saturday, November 10, 2012

Life with Lily

Life with LilyLife with Lily by Mary Ann Kinsinger

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 288 pages
Published October 1st 2012 by Fleming H. Revell Company
ISBN 0800721322 (ISBN13: 9780800721329)
Series: The Adventures of Lily Lapp #1

When I first saw this book, I was so happy to see another author publishing children's fiction books based on the life of the Amish. Such a cute book filled with stories from Lily's everyday life. The book is broken into short, easy to follow chapters based on different days of Lily's 7 year old life.

I must honestly say, that at first, I found this book very hard to follow and get "in to." However, after finding a very awesome story about friendship, I was hooked. "They will affect you, Lily, whether you want them to or not." I also remembered, after finding that story, that this is a children's book. So, no big plot twists or even what happens at the end kind of intensity in this book. But, it is a cute book, for kids, filled with wonderful stories and good Christian values.

If you have a young reader at home, one just getting into chapter books, then I would definitely recommend this book. Or even if your kiddos love to sit and listen to you read to them, Life with Lily would be a great choice!

I was graciously provided a copy from Baker Publishing Group to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...