Sunday, October 7, 2012

Recipe of the Month

I thought I'd try something new with this. I love to share recipes, try new ones, and hear other's "substitutes" in recipes. I will share a recipe with you and if you make this recipe already, will you share what you do differently with yours?

Today is my uncle's birthday and I thought I'd share a recipe that I made for him and his family when they visited several years ago. They've adapted their own version now and still say it's one of their favorites.

Palmetto Chicken:


basil
oregano
cream cheese
asiago cheese
tomato slices
salt
butter
boneless skinless chicken breasts

I don't have measurements for these ingredients as you can add more or less according to your liking and the amount of guests you are serving. Smash the chicken breasts with a can or meat hammer to about 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Then sprinkle with basil, oregano, and a touch of salt. Next lay on top of that 1 or 2 tomato slices and about 1 tbsp cream cheese, cut in half. Sprinkle with asiago cheese. Roll chicken breasts up and pin with toothpicks. Sprinkle with a light dusting of salt, basil, and oregano.

Melt butter in a deep pan and add chicken breasts just to get a touch of brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side. Put entire oven-safe pan in oven on 375F for about 20 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken breasts.

ENJOY! ☺

3 comments:

Lauren Davenport said...

Sounds like a delicious meal! Thanks for the recipe.

MoJo said...

Thank you Lauren! This is a recipe I made up and my hubby LOVES it! If you try it out, let me know what you think!

MoJo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...