Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Season of Love

A Season of LoveA Season of Love by Amy Clipston

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Paperback, 302 pages
Published June 19th 2012 by Zondervan
ISBN 0310319978 (ISBN13: 9780310319979)
Series: Kauffman Amish Bakery #5

Katie Kauffman is feeling a little left out now that her two best friends are on the verge of being married within the next year. Katie can't seem to find an Amish bu that she likes. However, she finds Jake very attractive and nice. The only problem is he is Mennonite and since she joined the Amish church, she is strictly forbidden from seeing him.

I have to admit, this is the first book of the Kauffman series that I have read, and of course it's the last one in the series. Sigh. Oh, I have the other ones, I just haven't had a chance to read them yet. Now, I'm gonna have to try to find some time to go back and see where this all began. I really enjoyed Amy's writing style. I liked that she was able to jump around to other characters, but not enough to make you lose interest in the main character of Katie.

I got so wrapped up in the story of Katie, that at one point, I was ready to head to her house and talk to Katie's father myself! I mean, how dare he not believe his daughter! I know this type of domineering behavior occurs in the Amish homes, but it was a little tough to read about it. With that being said, I did admire Katie for watching her tongue and also for her commitment to the Amish community.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am really looking forward to going back to the beginning of the series and reading all about the Kauffman family! Well Done Amy!!


I was graciously provided a digital copy from NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...