Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Haven

The HavenThe Haven by Suzanne Woods Fisher

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 314 pages
Published August 1st 2012 by Fleming H. Revell Company
ISBN 0800719883 (ISBN13: 9780800719883)
Series: Stoney Ridge Seasons #2

When Sadie returns to her home after spending several months with her sister, she returns unexpectedly only to discover a yard full of visitors and cameras. What her family doesn't realize is that Sadie has a surprise of her own. Will has messed up his college career, feels like a failure in his father's eyes, and is determined to keep this latest mishap under wraps. When Will tries to clean up his own mess, he finds himself on an Amish farm and falling for a girl that is completely out of his grasp.

I was caught in the beginning of this story, I loved the twist from the very beginning and all the commotion that it caused. I also enjoyed trying to figure out what Will was up to. Once both of those story lines fizzled out, it was a little slow moving for a bit. Then towards the end it once again picked up and I actually found myself feeling proud of Will and hoping for a reconciliation with his father. While I did enjoy all the details of Will's story, I almost felt as though the ending of the book was a little bit of a let down. I enjoyed Will's character, but didn't feel like his story should have overshadowed Sadie and her story. The way it ended, one would almost feel the main story was about Will. I would have loved more resolve for Sadie and her "troubles." Maybe this will be resolved in the next one in the series? Overall, I did enjoy this book and definitely loved hearing more of Fern's life quotes.

I was graciously provided a free copy of this book from Litfuse to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...