Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Recipe of the Month

I thought I'd try something new with this. I love to share recipes, try new ones, and hear other's "substitutes" in recipes. I will share a recipe with you and if you make this recipe already, will you share what you do differently with yours?

With this being my birthday, there is no better time to share my aunt's peanut butter wacky cake. I absolutely LOVE this! Last year I was fortunate enough to be able to spend my birthday with my family and enjoy this delicious cake made for me on my birthday!

Peanut Butter Wacky Cake:


2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup oil
1 1/2 cups hot water
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350F.

Mix wet ingredients together with the sugar. Mix the dry ingredients together and then combine with the wet ingredients. Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes.

For the icing:
1 lb confectioners sugar
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp crisco
3 tbsp milk
Peanut Butter until you like (as little as 4 tbsp or as much as one 18oz jar)

Spread on cooled cake and ENJOY! ☺

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...