Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Her Restless Heart

Her Restless Heart (Stitches In Time Series #1)Her Restless Heart by Barbara Cameron

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 304 pages
Published: April 1st 2012 by Abingdon Press (first published March 2012)
ISBN 1426714270 (ISBN13: 9781426714276)
Series: Stitches in Time #1

Goodreads synopsis: "Mary Katherine is caught between the traditions of her faith and the pull of a different life. When Daniel, an Amish man living in Florida, arrives and shares her restlessness, Mary Katherine feels drawn to him and curious about the life he leads away from Lancaster County.

But her longtime friend Jacob has been in love with her for years. He’s discouraged that she’s never viewed him as anything but a friend and despairs that he is about to lose Mary Katherine to this outsider."

I just love Barbara's writing. She always writes in such a way that I am captivated by the character's struggles. I really enjoyed Mary Katherine's struggle. I think what I liked most about it was that it wasn't the usual "have to get away from the Amish" way of life. It was more that Mary Katherine was just questioning her future and not wanting to have to give up some things that she felt were within the confines of being Amish even though the Bishop was not fond of them.

Great writing once again Barbara, and I just love how you had characters from the other series pop up in this one also! It was great to "see" them again! Looking forward to the next one already!!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Abingdon Press in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...