Wednesday, June 6, 2012

After All

After All (Hanover Falls, #3)After All by Deborah Raney

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 368 pages
Published: May 1st 2012 by Howard Books
ISBN 1416599959 (ISBN13: 9781416599951)
Series: Hanover Falls #3

Susan Marlowe has been through a lot the past 18 months. Now, a midst rumors that her homeless shelter is not good for the community, and someone from her past possibly stalking her, she uncovers something else from her past that could once again turn her world upside down.

I still have not read the first one in this series, but I did read the last two. I absolutely loved this story! One of the lines that really stuck out to me was, "...the chief said he didn't think heaven or hell depended on what sin you were committing when you died. Only what you believed when you died." Our preacher has spoke on that same message several times. That message alone has been my comfort and allowed me to grow closer to God. Growing up, we were taught that if you sinned, then you were going to hell, that's it, period. For me, I loved that Deborah was able to wrap that message into this story and allow more people to know the truth.

I was also captivated by the characters in this story and how "real" they were. Their problems were real and I could actually see them occurring in our world today. Forgiveness...that's what it's all about. And not for the other person, but for you and your relationship with the Lord. Great story, even if you didn't read the other two in the series. What an ending! Totally caught me off guard!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Simon and Schuster in partnership with Glass Road Public Relations to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...