Monday, May 7, 2012

The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club

The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting ClubThe Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club by Wanda E. Brunstetter

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 320 pages
Published April 3rd 2012 by Barbour Publishing, Inc.
ISBN 1602608113

Emma comes up with a plan to host a six week quilting class in order to help supplement her income. When her students show up to the first class, she begins to wonder what she got herself in to. A unhappily married couple, an out of jail biker, a widowed father, a pastor's wife, and a very troubled young lady make for a very unusual quilting class.

I just love reading Wanda E. Brunstetter books. Whenever I begin one of her books, I just know it's going to be a sweet, easy read. And this one certainly was that. At the beginning I was a little hesitant because immediately the seven main characters were introduced, and I was getting mixed up. (Which was not Wanda's fault, just my personality quirk of having to keep each character organized in my head.) However, once I allowed myself to get caught up in each characters' "problems" then I truly enjoyed the story. A couple of the stories hit close to home and I honestly felt bad for some of their struggles. I think what I loved most was that though each one of them had a legitimate reason (in their minds) to not attend another class, they each kept coming back. That says a lot about someone's character and for that I loved each and every one of the characters.

This was not a typical Amish book as the main story didn't revolve around the Amish lifestyle. However, it did revolve around being human. Many times we get caught up in our own baggage and problems that we often forget that the other person also has problems and baggage too. This story was a great reminder that we can't control how others act, but we can control how we treat others and offer our kindness freely.

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Barbour Publishing in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...