Friday, April 27, 2012

An Uncommon Grace

An Uncommon Grace: A NovelAn Uncommon Grace: A Novel by Serena B. Miller

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 352 pages
Published April 3rd 2012 by Howard Books
ISBN 1451660308

When Grace returned home from being stationed in Afghanistan, her only concern was taking care of her ailing grandmother. But, when her Amish neighbor winds up on her door step in a panic, her life slowly begins to change.

I just have to say, along with Grace, I don't quite understand the Swartzentruber Amish. But, I did love all the details that Serena gave in this book regarding their beliefs. The back and forth between Grace and Levi was really quite interesting. Of course, that wasn't the only great part of the book, there was also a bit of humor and mystery involved in the story as well. I knew something wasn't quite right and I loved how it was an underlying suspense throughout the book. Oh, and the humor, gotta love Grace's grandmother Elizabeth. During one scene Grace is trying to get her grandmother to rest and take a nap as she just had heart surgery. Elizabeth doesn't feel she needs a nap and tells Grace, "I didn't make you take naps!" hahahahaha, I loved it!

I must say too, I loved Serena's Author's notes from the Amish community. What a great touch to an already fabulous book! I highly recommend this book for humor, suspense, and faith!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Simon & Schuster in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Love your blog following in you now.

MoJo said...

Thanks Patricia!! I really want to try to post more "real" stuff on here. The trick is finding the time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...