Monday, April 16, 2012

A Texan's Honor

A Texan's HonorA Texan's Honor by Shelley Gray

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 320 pages
Published March 1st 2012 by Abingdon Press
ISBN 1426714637
series: Heart of a Hero #2

During a train robbery, Jamilyn is one of the hostages held captive by the infamous Walton Gang. But, when Will McMillan, member of the Walton Gang, sees the situation getting out of control he realizes he must save this innocent woman. By saving her, he could risk his job, his reputation, and possibly his life.

This is the first time in a long time that I read two books in a series back-to-back. I almost wished there was a little more connection between the two. However, this book was still a great read. Shelley did a great job once again of setting the time period with all her descriptions of the towns, the rooms, habits, and the clothing style. At times, I would just close my eyes and take a look around town. Wonderful! I'm not a huge historical fiction reader, but this one was written very well and kept my attention.

I can't quite put my finger on why this one didn't quite seem as exciting as the first one in the series. The only thing I can think of is that I would have really loved to see more of Scout. I was almost rooting for him more so than Will and Jamilyn. I don't know, I like to see bad guys restored. I would have loved to see Scout sort through all his "baggage." All in all, a very good read and I would definitely recommend it!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Abingdon Press in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Kara said...

thanks for the review, Jodie! i have this book, but haven't read it yet. glad you enjoyed it, sounds really good :) blessings!
ps. the blog is looking really good, so happy for you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...