Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Summer Garden

The Summer GardenThe Summer Garden by Sherryl Woods

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 384 pages
Published January 31st 2012 by Mira
ISBN 0778313093
series: Chesapeake Shores #9

When Luke O'Brien visited Ireland for Christmas, he was immediately taken by the maddening Moira. Since arriving back in Chesapeake Shores, he is determined to put his research to use and open an Irish pub. And of course, being an O'Brien, he will accept nothing less than success. On a surprise visit to Chesapeake Shores with her granddad, Moira soon learns that her dream of happily ever after may have to be put on hold for an undetermined amount of time. But, is she willing to wait?

I'm not quite sure what didn't capture me with this one as much as the others in the series, it was still a great read, but just a little less so than the others. I actually felt bad for Luke. I mean, we tell men all the time they need to speak their feelings and not bottle everything up. Well, he did, he very plainly told Moira that he wanted to wait for the "next step" in their relationship because he was trying to get his pub off the ground. I would much rather a man tell me that he couldn't focus the attention required on a relationship than to pretend he could then leave me feel left out or forgotten about. So, I felt Moira was being a little selfish wanting it her way. However, I totally understood where she was coming from. Sometimes though, love just doesn't happen how we want it to, but it makes it no less special.

With this being the last story of the O'Brien family, I'm a little saddened. It's like saying goodbye to some of my family. When I read the Chesapeake Shore series, I always feel like part of the family. The O'Brien clan is such a close knit family, looking out for each other, covering each other's backs, and being a strong support system for one another. "In this family we pull together in a crisis, no matter what kind it is." Who doesn't want a family like that? (Ok, well, maybe without all the meddling.)

This book received the "Speak no evil smiley" for cuss words, honestly, I think there was two or three, and they were all on one page. This book received the "See no evil smiley" for premarital sexual content, no explicit sexual acts were described in detail.

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Harlequin in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.


View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...