Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Perfect Square

A Perfect SquareA Perfect Square by Vannetta Chapman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 352 pages
Published March 31st 2012 by Zondervan
ISBN 0310330440
series: Shipshewana Amish Mystery #2

When a girl is found dead floating in a local Amish man's pond, the small town of Shipshewana is turned upside down. The main suspect? An Amish man, Reuben Fisher who refuses to give any information to the police, his attorney, or his friends. Deborah is certain Reuben didn't commit murder, but how can she convince everyone else when Reuben won't divulge even the smallest bit of information.

I have to say, I enjoyed this one much more than the first one. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the first one A LOT, but was a little upset by the "who dunnit?" But this one, kept me guessing and playing out all scenarios with various characters. At some points, I was ready to reach into the book and ring Reuben's neck for not talking! I loved the flashback aspect throughout the entire story. Many times, the victim is forgotten, but in this one, she felt very much alive throughout the entire story. I really enjoyed this one and my only disappointment (very minor one) would be that the "boss" aspect didn't carry over into this book.

Great job Vannetta and I am looking forward to the next one already!!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Zondervan in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Vannetta Chapman said...

Glad you enjoyed book 2. : ) Wanted to ring Reuben's neck, huh? Wait until you read Material Witness (August). It's a whole other kind of trouble.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...